Saturday 26 July 2014

Sister's Graduation | OOTD

My sister graduated with a First Class Honors degree the other day at Leeds University.

It was a strange day, everyone was floating around in their big black gowns, I felt like I was on the set of Harry Potter! The sun was shining for the majority of the day too, making it even better, and everyone’s families were there, suited and booted and looking so proud – it was verrrryy cute.

The day before I’d been to the beach with my friends and at around 5 in the evening I got a phone call from my dad saying that we were going to Leeds that evening instead of the following morning. I rushed home, franticly threw a few things into a suitcase and we headed off.

We stayed at Headingley Stadium which was pretty cool, our rooms over looked the cricket ground.
The ceremony was fun. Everyone looked so serious and fancy in their gowns even the professors were swishing around, the whole pompousness was ace.  I must admit though, I was jealous of some of their hats. I mean dayum, as if they can only wear them at important uni events!

We ate at the Slug and Lettuce for tea and if you haven't been there I totally think you should go. The food is to die for, I'd recommend the cookie explosion for dessert. Heavenly. 

In the evening we went to a little jazz bar and hung out there for a while. There was this band playing and everyone was having an awesome time, was a good vibe to round off the day.







My dress was from Lipsy, my sunglasses from Topshop and my shoes were from Dune…


I had a nightmare finding comfy shoes for the graduation. First I bought some from New Look and within the first five minutes of wearing them they had totally torn my ankles apart. They skipped right past the blister stage and just sliced into my ankles making them bleed. Soooo I had to go and buy some more,I pretty much tried on every sandal in town and they either rubbed on the cuts already made or didn’t fit. Then the last pair I tried on were the ones I got. Me and my sister had literally given up but on the way out of town we spotted these and they are soo comfy and real leather, and with them being in the sale, I couldn’t not get them!  

No comments:

Post a Comment