Monday 18 August 2014

Past few days | Update

I apologise for my disappearance over the past few days, it has been ultra-busy at this end. First things first it was my A-Level results day. Luckily I already had an unconditional offer at my university meaning the stress of getting certain grades was taken away; but I was still nervous to find out what I had got. When I opened my envelope it turned out I had straight Bs which I was extremely happy with. All of my friends had gotten the grades they needed to get into their uni too sooo all in all it was a good day. To celebrate, me and my friend Millie decided to bake some cookies and a cake!

I’d bought her a Popin Cookin set for Christmas resulting in us making what seemed like the World’s smallest cake. Popin Cookin is basically a Japanese brand. You can create a lot of mini things to eat, like mini ice creams, mini sweets, but because Millie is so into baking I chose the mini cake. One minute the cake was around five sachets of powder (which looked incredibly sugary) but by adding a bit of heat and water, the next minute it was a cake! Fascinating stuff really…

 We turned it into a little demon (with bright pink hair!) I have to admit he looked pretty good - it’s a shame I can’t say the same for the taste! We didn’t end up eating more than a crumb but it was fun to make.

Popin Cookin creation. Our jelly eyed demon.

I met up with my friend Tom on results day too. He’d recently been to the Punk festival Rebellion and with returning presented me with some of my very own ‘Punk Rock’. Yep, this was a stick of Blackpool rock that the punk band Goldblade had been selling with their logo on the front. It seriously was the best thing ever! :’)

Punk Rock. There is nothing more to say

Then I guess for the other few days I have been sorting out a lot of university stuff, registering, confirming and going out shopping for all the kitcheny things and bedding… It has been busy! Thankfully though, there are only a few more bits and bobs that need picking up and I think then it’ll just be a case of moving into my new house.

All that's left is to add a bit of colour. Pink? Or Blue?

So that was me, and even with all of this going on, I’ve managed to draw this pretty picture! I don’t know who it is, at first I was trying to turn myself into an old school Disney character… I think it’s pretty cute.


Let me know what you make of it! I will be back up and blogging now so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment