Saturday 10 September 2011

Japan!!

The Japanese culture and music scene has influenced me a lot thought out the past few years. I started getting into Anime (a Japanese animation) when I was around thirteen. I watched a lot, but the one that has stuck with me and I enjoyed the most is ‘Death Note’. It started off as a manga series by Tsugumi Ohba and the artist, Takeshi Obata and then was developed into an animation and also a film! It’s about a school boy, Light Yagami, who discovers a note book that was dropped by a Shinigami (God of Death). The note book grants Light the ability to kill anyone whose name he writes in it. The story carries on to Light wanting to create a world of peace and no crime. He tries to kill all evil and the strange but amazing detective L, tries to stop him. I would definitely recommend you watch/read it as it is totally awesome!

Watching Death Note made me research the Japanese scene. I found a love for their fashion, language and also J pop! (I have started to teach myself some Japanese though I’m not really that good at it yet!) A huge inspiration to me though would be Rebecca Flint (Beckii Cruel). She’s a teenager from the Isle of Man who started posting herself dancing to J-pop on youtube. Her videos went viral and a Japanese company (Life is so cruel) found her and signed her –though I don’t think she is with them anymore! They made her known in both England and Japan and now she is classed as an ‘Idol’ in Tokyo!

Take a look at her youtube – xbextahx

And her website www.beckii.co.uk

                                                 Death Note Film Trailer!

No comments:

Post a Comment