Monday 1 September 2014

My Canterbury Tale | The Beginning

Hello everyone, I’m currently writing with post-holiday blues as I have just returned home from spending a week discovering the historic landscape of Kent. My family and I stayed in the small town, Chatham (which is just outside Canterbury) in a gorgeous 18th century cottage. It was so tiny and idyllic and was situated in the perfect location as it was right next door to a little country pub with a train station just a five minute walk down the lane. Over the past few years we’ve stayed in many cottages around England and I can honestly say that this cottage is the most unique and beautiful one we’ve stayed in yet. With beamed ceilings and a huge open fire, it really was a stunning building, if not a little spooky at night!


My sister and I were staying in the attic which had slanted beamed roofs and an impressive chimney breast which was a statement piece on all three floors.


We were lucky with the weather too. We had rain for only two days of our trip, but when I say rain, it really did pour down. We got absolutely soaked one day in Canterbury so when returning to the cottage we lit the open fire and all four of us sat around it getting warm whilst playing quizzes and watching The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - a charming film which I recommend you should watch if you haven’t already.

Stay tuned over the next few days to see what we got up to on our jollies, let's just say it involves, knights, Earl Warwick, two Kings of England and Batman... Quite an eclectic mix of things!

No comments:

Post a Comment